This 6-week online course starts where "Foundations: Music Literacy" ends. In it we'll go through the basic building blocks of classical and popular music: scales and intervals.
Due to the cumulative nature of this material it's recommended that you attend all classes if possible. If classes are missed I can make a video of the session available temporarily so that you can catch up before the next week's session. Partial refunds will not be given for missed classes.
Classes will be limited to 5 people to allow for individual attention. Don't hesitate to register!
- What makes a major scale?
- What makes a minor scale?
- How do I make a major or minor scale starting on any note?
- Why do we use key signatures?
- How can I use scales to improve my improvisation?
- What is the circle of fifths and how do I use it?
- What are intervals and how do I identify them?
- What other scales exist?
This course is for adult learners who are comfortable reading notes in both the treble and bass clef and rhythms in standard time signatures. If you don't already possess this knowledge I recommend you take my course "Foundations: Music Literacy" first.
Partial refunds will not be given if classes are missed.
If you registered and would like to cancel please contact me at least 24 hours before the start of the first week's session.