This 6-week online course starts where "Foundations: Music Literacy" ends. In it we'll go through the basic building blocks of classical and popular music: scales and intervals.
This course is open to students aged 13 and up who are interested in learning how scales and intervals form the basic building blocks of much of Western music, including classical, jazz, and many popular genres. Adult beginners are welcome and encouraged!
This course is currently being offered as a series of 6 60-minute, one-on-one lessons.
- What makes a major scale?
- What makes a minor scale?
- How do I make a major or minor scale starting on any note?
- Why do we use key signatures?
- How can I use scales to improve my improvisation?
- What is the circle of fifths and how do I use it?
- What are intervals and how do I identify them?
- What other scales exist?
This course is for students who are comfortable reading notes in both the treble and bass clef and rhythms in standard time signatures. If you don't already possess this knowledge I recommend you take my course "Foundations: Music Literacy" first.
If you have any questions about whether this course is right for you please don't hesitate to contact me before registering. I offer a free 20-minute consultation call in which we can clarify your interests and current level and figure out which course would best suit your needs.